Sunday, January 11, 2009

Always changing

One thing about being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that as soon as your comfortable with a calling you get the oppurtunity to try something new. As everyone knows I've been teaching Gospel Docterine in my ward and I have loved it. I have had so many spirital experiances with that calling. My testimony has grown so much from studing the scriptures and presenting lessons to my class. The class has been so amazing and there are the most thoughtful comments every week that really make me think. Even the weeks I didn't teach being in the class has been great. But as I have learned you never can get to comfortable in a calling. I was asked to go and see the the first counselor today and to bring Robert. I took a deep breath and went to the church. I've have had a funny feeling that something was coming because after getting released from Scouts a few weeks ago I tried to sign up for a class some where and what ever I tried it just didn't work out or feel right. As I sat in the class room with the bishopric member and Robert I was a little surprise at what he asked. "Sis. ________ knows you don't want to be released from you calling as Gospel Doctrine teacher but we would like to ask you to be the first counselor in the Primary." Well this is not at all what I expected. I've never been in a Primary presidency but I have served as a teacher and in achievement days and in cub scouts. Well I did accept this new challenge. It will be exciting to serve the young kids in our ward, I know that they have a lot they will teach me.

13 comments:

suzi said...

If you have any questions let me know, I have been President for 3 1/2 years now...I LOVE IT!!! It is so fun!!! You will be great!

R. Jeffrey Davis said...

That is so awesome! I love Primary. I served there for a while and then they released me last year. After being the Choir President I got a new calling to teach the 13 year olds in SS. I would serve in the Primary until I die if I could

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Congrats Lydia on you new calling. It's always good to get out of our comfort zone and learn new things. I don't really know much about that because I have mostly been in YW.

Janice {Run Far} said...

can we trade? I want to be the first counc in Primary and you can come here and be the 2nd counc in RS.... =) You are going to love it.

Nielsen clique said...

I love primary, you'll love it and you can keep a close eye on your kids, Haha!

Cox Clan said...

Congratulations!!
Welcome to the Primary world. YOu will do a great job and you will grow to love the kids so much. I am always amazed with the children in our ward. Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Danielle Christiansen said...

you will be great at it!

Carrie said...

I am so sad that you aren;t a Gospel Docrtine teacher anymore. I was so looking forward to actually being able to attend Sunday School. I've heard taht you are an awesome teacher too. But, the Primary is lucky to have you and I know you will be so good there. I love Primary and miss it so much. I guess I'll be teaching Arrie and you will be working with Micah now. :)

Horsley News said...

You will be so great in that calling. I love Primary in any way I can work in it.
love
MOM

Lindy said...

That is a wonderful calling! I have had it a few times and loved it greatly. You will do great with it too I am sure. It will be busy though. have fun!

The Hurst Family said...

Fun, fun, fun. I enjoy primary. Teaching sharing time can be as enjoyable as teaching Sunday School. Enjoy. Love Rae

Sarah said...

you will do GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

You will be great! I just got called to be the Sr. Primary Choirister! You know me... I can't sing, can't read music, can't even carry a tune! But, I have come to love serving in the Primary. You will be awesome, after having the privilege of serving with you for so many years I know that they will love you instantly.