Saturday, July 11, 2009

Finally the 4th

Well I guess I should post about the 4th of July weekend.
On Thursday Kory had to have oral surgery to expose his eye teeth because they still aren't coming in right. He acted fine about it until he got in the chair and then while we waited for the doctor he got emotional and we had to remind him it would be OK. He calmed down by the time the doctor came in. Everything went really well. They nurse said that this is one of the most painful things that they do and he would take a few weeks to feel all the way better. Well that's not how Kory works. On Friday he didn't even take pain medicine until dinner time. On Saturday he started just eating his food normal and he hasn't had a problem since. He is doing great. I can't believe that it didn't slow him down at all.
Aaron was picked up on a super league baseball team to play in the 4th of July tournament. He was so excited. He played pretty well and his team won both of there game on Friday but they lost both of there game on Saturday. It was exciting to get to watch him get so excited about baseball.
On Saturday we everyone but Arrie missed the parade (she went with Grandma Hernandez). We had to be to Aaron's games early. It is strange missing the parade it is such a part of our 4th every year. We did make it back in time to meet Roberts brother Henry and his family for a BBQ and the fireworks. We meet at the same place every year and have a BBQ and then everyone hangs out and plays games while we wait for the fireworks. It was a fun day.
This week has been a little crazy. Arrie went to EFY for the week. The boys both went to baseball camp but they didn't sleep over so I would go and pick them up every day. Robert's brother and his wife stayed at our house while there son was at EFY with Arrie, so we stayed up to late visiting every night. It was a fun and crazy week.

2 comments:

Horsley News said...

I love to hear about the boys and their baseball. I hope Arrie had a good time at EFY.
love Grandma Susan

Cox Clan said...

Sounds busy and fun. Love ya tons. What is your first week of Aug. like. I may be watching Franny's kid when she goes to camp. Maybe we could get the girls together then.