Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How time flys.

It seems like just a few months ago that I was at the hospital visiting my sister as she had her second child. I was in the hall as my niece was born. Today she turns 15. WOW! It blows my mind that that much time has passed by. The thing about this niece, Cammie, is that she was born with a clef lip and pallet. If you haven't seen a baby with clef you may not know what makes her so special. If you are not prepared it might be pretty scary. My sister was amazing at preparing the family for what we could expect. Even her two year old daughter crawled right up and gave her new baby sister a kiss as soon as she saw her. Some of this you can credit to the amazing spirit of Cammie that shone though her amazing blue eyes. It is amazing what doctors have been able to do for her. She is a beautiful girl that I am so glad is part of our family.

2 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Thank you for the nice memories Lydia. I think she's pretty amazing too. Love RaeAnn

Amberly said...

aww, that was so nice lydia! i sure do love my sister! always have apparently. :)