Saturday, December 26, 2009

How life can change

One thing that life has taught me is that you never know what life will bring you. We have had a wonderful but busy Christmas season. I made my mom cry when she opened her present and one of my sisters made me cry a little when she expressed her joy in all that people had helped her with over the last little while. Christmas eve was so nice. We had everyone over to our house for dinner. Again this year we have been blessed to have both sets of grandparents there to celebrate. Dinner of course was delicious. We always have a short program after dinner. This year was extra special. The spirit was very strong. It was, I have to say probably the best one we have ever had. We of course opened presents from extended family. (This is when I made my mom cry) Christmas morning was so pleasant. We enjoyed opening presents with the kids and eating a big breakfast. We went and watched a movie with some family. When we got home we got to enjoy another delicious dinner with Robert's family and my parents. Again it was another wonderful night with family and got to see some close friends. I can't remember a better Christmas. I have felt so peaceful and full of joy.
Today has been a bit different. Last night my father-in-law wasn't feeling that good. We called his nurse and thought that things would be OK. This morning he was feeling worse. Things aren't good with his health this time. It's not an uncommon thing to see grandpa in the hospital after a big weekend but this time is different. We have had a pretty emotional day but at this point I think we all feel at peace. We know we are in the Lord's hands. What ever might happen at this point we some how be OK. I don't know what's in store for the next week but we will take it as it comes and trust in the Lord.

6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Thinking of you and Robert and the rest of the family. Hope everything is ok. Let me know if you need anything.... clear from KY. I love and miss you.

suzi said...

We love you guys and are praying for you! I need your address...LATE card on its way.

Larkin Legacy said...

Our thoughts and prayes are with you and your family. Take care. Love, Auntie

Andy Porter said...

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cox Clan said...

I am so glad Christmas was wonderful. We we could have spent more time with you. I am sorry to hear about Rob's Dad. I hope he recovers quickly and that you will be blessed for you love and commitment. Love you so much.

The Hurst Family said...

I'm sorry things are not going well for Jesus. Please let us know if we can help in any way. I saw Dede at the store yesterday and she doesn't feel like Ria will be with us much longer. I felt this big sadness well up as I realized our lives are going to change a lot in the next few years as we start losing our parent's generation. We've been so blessed to have such wonderful role models in our lives. Thanks for being one of mine. Love you sister.