skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Where did this kid come from?
As everyone knows I have a out going teenage girl. She isn't like any teenage girl that I've ever meet. Well she went into her bi-yearly interview with the bishop last month and during that interview volunteered to talk in Sacrament meeting. A week or so later Kory got asked to speak. He wasn't excited but he was willing to do it and glad to have it over. Arrie then a few weeks later reminded the bishop that she would like to talk. Nothing came of it so last Sunday she was talking to the bishop and his counselor who is in charge of getting youth speakers and reminded them again that she was willing to speak. They asked her to speak Sunday and her best friend in the ward was standing next to her so she volunteered to speak too. Both girls spoke together on Sunday not only for the 3-5 minutes that they that had been asked to fill but they both prepared 10 min. talks. They both did a great job. As if this wasn't enough Arrie in talking to the bishop later at church went ahead and volunteered to speak next week as well if he needed her. He jokingly told her he would love to have her but it will be Skate Conference. Well, Arrie didn't hesitate for a second and said "I'll speak in skate conference, call President Bell." Again she reminded him at the end of church that she was willing to speak and that he should call President Bell. I just don't know where she came from. I'm willing to speak if asked but it's a bit scary for me to get up in front of everyone and present a talk. I defiantly never would have volunteered to speak at her age. She is one of a kind.
5 comments:
She is one of a kind and I just love that about her. What a brave little soul.
What a girl. She should go into politics so she can speak all the time.
She is one of a kind. I adore her!
ha ha lol way to go arrie! I love speaking in church too!
Your blog is so cute~
Post a Comment