Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Music

Music is a wonderfully powerful thing. I bought David Archuleta's CD yesterday. When Arrie found out she reacted like any other 13 year old, she was so happy she that she almost cried. Music can change your mood so powerfully. This morning I wasn't in the best mood. I've been tired and worn out. On my drive to work I pulled out my phone and started playing The Carpenters. I know it's probably not cool but Karen Carpenter is my favorite singer of all time. There is something about her voice that makes me happy. As I followed her advise to sing, sing out loud, sing out strong even though I'm not good enough for anyone else to hear I sang, sang a song. Then a strange thing happened, I started to feel better. I don't know why her music makes me so happy. Maybe it brings me back to when I was a little girl and had no cares or worries. My sisters and I would run around the house with her record (yes I said record) playing, singing into hair brushes. For whatever reason my mood improved even though I'm still tired. Music is great.

11 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

I Love the carpenters

The Hurst Family said...

I'm with you Lydia, I love the carpenters and Karen carpenter has one of the most beautiful alto voices ever. Sing it girl. Love RaeAnn

Baldwincrew-blog said...

You are so right I love the powerful impact that music has I just wish that I had the talent to be the singer and not just a listener. Love ya girl!!

Horsley News said...

Oh yes music does that. Go Pat Boone. Ha Ha
MOM

Anonymous said...

Love David Archuleta's CD!!!

Teachinfourth said...

Life is too short not, to sing.

Sean Ryan said...

You grow up with Suzi or something?

Andy Porter said...

ahh gotta love the Carpenters.

Lindy said...

Carpenters..Daivid Archuleta...the making a great day for sure!

Sarah said...

Glen has fond memories of the Carpenters too...and I'm gonna bet that he ran around with you guys belting out the songs with a hairbrush:)

Sarah said...

Glen has fond memories of the Carpenters too...and I'm gonna bet that he ran around with you guys belting out the songs with a hairbrush:)